So I was thinking that about once a month I would share my blog crushes with you lovely lot. Good idea? I hope so!
I have been trying to think of ways to organise them into categories and I was hit by the thought that a lot of people think of their blog as their little baby don’t they? (I think some people do anyway…) So how about baby stages!?
- Just Born (for the blog with under 10 followers)
- Sitting up (for the blog with under 20 followers)
- Crawling (for the blog with under 200 followers)
- Walking (for the blog with under 1000 followers)
- Running (for the blog with under 2000 followers)
It is the best I can come up with for now!!
So without further ado my current blog crushes!
The Sparkly Panda
The gorgeous Rhiannon over at The Sparkly Panda is a super lovely person with a blog to match! My favourite posts of hers are her Esty Finds (always fabulous) and her Monday Morning Cheering Up posts (think cuteness and giggles aka puppies and memes). You also get to see photos of her gorgeous little girls.
A Letter From Elise
Elise from A Letter From Elise is a girl after my own heart. Her blog is all about “triumphs and tribulations of a student budget vs. a love of clothes and cocktails”. She has a great writing style, is so thoughtful and lovely, and is so gosh darn pretty you could stare at her all day (in a somehow non-creepy way…).
Tie Dye Eyes
The beautiful Allie at Tie Dye Eyes has a style that I really just can’t get enough of. She has one of those blogs that you read one post and want to keep going and read more and more and more until you realise you are looking at posts from last summer! She has the sweetest smile too.
Lady Liquor Vintage
Catherine at Lady Liquor Vintage has the best thrifty finds around in my opinion. I feel immense pleasure and jealously at the same time looking at all the beautiful things she finds! Her style is wonderful and she is absolutely gorgeous. She even does YouTube videos if you can’t get enough 😉
Lisa at CocoBella Ballerina has some truly lust worthy things on her beautiful blog (think gorgeous Channel)! So apart from the outfit envy I get whenever I visit, she also has wonderful taste, a beautiful smile and happens to be super lovely to boot! Good stuff all round then really.
I hope you like my blog crushes as much as I do! Go check them out and let me know what you think. Also if any of you lovely bloggers think you want to be on this list next time – let me know!
1) Envelope notebook from Temptation Gifts for £10.16. I love stationary and this notebook wants to be added to my collection. It is just so sweet with its girly vintage style.
2) Macaroon trinket boxes from Not On The High Street for £4.95 each. This has combined two of my loves perfectly, trinket boxes (I have far too many that I have picked up at charity shops) and macaroons! They are so wonderfully sweet (if you pardon the pun). I like the Rose coloured one best.
3) ‘It Was On Sale’ Canvas Tote Bag from Not On The High Street for £15. I think this bag is great, it has many of the excuses I use on an almost daily basis to excuse my excessive shopping!
4) Snow Fairy from Lush for £3.50-£10.25 (depending on what size you get). It is that time of year when Snow Fairy comes back into our lives. I can’t wait to smell like a walking talking sweet shop. Yummm.
5) Songbird Laptop Sleeve from Temptation Gifts for £16.96. I don’t actually have a laptop sleeve and so this could almost be counted as a necessity…almost. It is so sweet and prettyful, the perfect home for my laptop!
6) ‘Dance In The Rain’ Wall Sticker Quote from Not On The High Street for £18.99. This is one of my all time favourite quotes and I have been thinking of getting a poster of it but I have totally fallen for this wall sticker. I can’t wait to have it in my room!
What are you hoping for this Christmas?
Dress – Matalan, Shirt and Bracelet – eBay, Shoes – Birdy’s Boutique, Bag – Charity Shop, Hat – Charity Shop
I am loving this dress from Matalan at the moment. In fact I am loving Matalan full stop! It has some really lovely (not to mention affordable!) things in right now.
I got this shirt off eBay (it is Topshop whoop) and when it arrived the lovely lady who sent it to me also included three bracelets! Super cute ones! It totally made my day – the little things really do don’t they?
I got these shoes from Birdy’s Boutique (which I love love love). They sell the cutest things at very affordable prices. These gorgeous suede shoes were just £16.99.
So I picked this bag up today for £1.99 at my local charity shop and also managed to volunteer myself to work there on Friday afternoons. This is very dangerous as I will get first look at all new clothes and I am not sure I can restrain myself from buying half of it.
I also picked up this hat from another charity shop for just £2 today which is why I have my “I found a bargain face” on.
Vest – Hand-me-down from an aunt, Skirt – Vintage from charity shop, Cardigan – eBay shop missfit2012, Ring – eBay shop bbeautiful2012, Boots -Primark
I recently discovered a little charity shop near me that has the most wonderful things in and (I guess because a lot of people don’t know about it) is fantastically well priced. I feel like I bought half the place and I already can’t wait to go back! This is one of my favourite finds; I found it for just £2! Vintage too! It was part of a two-piece so look out for the top (also £2) in future posts.
As a side note the weather today was utterly miserable, I had to wait for it to (briefly) stop raining so I could run out and take a few photos. If Christmas wasn’t coming up I would have a serious case of the winter blues coming on.
I love Sundays.
I love lazy Sunday mornings in bed, I love Sunday lunches and I love cosy Sunday afternoons (preferably sitting in front of an open fire with a fluffy blanket and hot chocolate) working on my latest project.
So this Sunday I had a go at a studded collar and it is unbelievably easy to do – keep reading to see just how easy it is!
First of all you need to get some studs! They really are everywhere at the moment. If you can’t find your way to a haberdashery then I suggest eBay. I got mine for £3.99 from happy_season on eBay.
Second of all you need a shirt with a collar! I think studs look really good on peter pan collars but I just picked something off my floordrobe which is this shirt I got for a few pounds a couple of years ago from Oxfam’s Online Shop.
Next you just need to go for it and stick in a stud!
You push it through the collar and the little teeth will stick out like this on the underside.
Just use your fingers (be careful they can be a little sharp) to bend them down and secure the stud in place.
Repeat again, and again, and again, and again…
That’s it! You are all done and have a lovely (not to mention inexpensive) studded collared shirt to add to your wardrobe.
Dress – eBay, Cardigan – Forever 21, Tights – Primark, Shoes – Matalan
Admitting you have a problem is meant to be the first step. I have a real problem with eBay. It is probably verging on the ‘in need of an intervention’ side of addictions.
won’t can’t stop though.
I just really do love searching for those hidden gems. It is almost as good as charity shop or car boot sale shopping. In some ways even better because I can do it at 2 am in bed in my pyjamas. I just love to bid as well. I love the adrenaline rush you get in that very last minute, the desperate praying to the eBay God’s that you don’t get outbid and then the intense satisfaction (occasionally mixed with guilt – whoops) when you win. Oh and not to mention the item arriving in the post. Post makes me too happy, parcels actually make my heart swell. I should probably mention this to a doctor or something, it can’t be normal.
Anyway whether it is someone’s preloved top they are selling for some extra cash or an actual eBay shop selling brand spanking new dresses it almost doesn’t matter now. It is on ebay therefore it is fair game for me.
So this is one of my latest additions! It is from an eBay shop called love2wear and it was £5.99. Yes £5.99. I think the print is just so cutesy and sweet but because it has houses and buildings (and grown-up people have such things) I feel grown up in it (I know I am so not normal).
Also I am flat hunting and I want to wear this dress to all my viewings. I like to think I will do cute things like this but in reality I will over sleep, pick something off my floordrobe or even worse just shove a coat over my pyjamas and run out of the door. Yes I do that sometimes. In my defence pyjamas are ridiculously comfy and I like to sleep. A lot.
1) Rust Coloured Paneled Skater Skirt £14.75 from Forever 21. This is such a perfect staple piece for anyone’s wardrobe and I actually don’t have a skirt like this and well… I need one. Need.
2) Black Crochet Collar Peplum Top £10 from Asda. It has a cute peter pan collar therefore I am a sucker for it. Plus it is only £10 so it would be rude not to..
3) Stone Feather Print Dress £28 from AX Paris at New Look. It has feathers and oh it is just so lovely!
4) Burgundy tights £2.99 from New Look. Because everyone should have some burgundy tights this Autumn/Winter.
5) Cream Picot Trimmed Collar Blouse £16.75 from Forever 21. This is super cute and would just go with everythiiiing.
6) Fiorelli colourblock shopper £65 from Dorothy Perkins. So this isn’t cheap but it is cheaper than coach colourblock bag that I am in love with so it feels less crazy to lust over.
7) Brown Faux Shearling Wedge Boots £29.75 from Forever 21. I think these are gorgeous. It was one of those scroll past and then double back because I have fallen in love moments. These shoes want to be on my feet. They look so warm and comfy too!
8) Navy Stag Print Wellington Boots £13.00 from Asda. I actually need some new wellies (mine have a hole in, which actually contradicts the whole point of wearing wellies). I think half sized wellies are just so much easier to slip on and these are just too cute!