Top – Charity shop, Skirt – Primark, Cardigan – Stolen from my mother’s wardrobe, Collar – Primark, Shoes – Primark
Do you like my top? £2.50 in the charity shop this week! It also came with a skirt but I think I am going to take it up a bit so keep an eye out for a DIY post soon!
In other exciting news I was absolutely thrilled today to be nominated for the Leibster and Versatile Blogger awards – Thank you so much Jade from The Style Blog ! I have only been blogging for what feels like five minutes and to know that people actually like what I am putting out there into the big wide blogosphere is so lovely. The award itself is so wonderful because the whole idea around it is to bring attention to smaller blogs who have fantastic content but may not be discovered yet! It also means you get to meet other amazing bloggers (and potential friends ;)) and share the love! So I am just so thankful, flattered and grateful, so thank you so so much Jade!
The Leibster Award
The rules are:
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated to answer
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post
- Go to their page and tell them
- No tag backs!
The Versatile Blogger Award
The rules are:
- Every blogger nominated has been awarded this award.
- You must thank the blogger that nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Select 15 bloggers to nominate and post links to their blog.
- You must post 7 things about yourself
11 Things about me
- I can walk on my toes (not in a graceful ballerina way but in a super freaky bend your toes right over and then walk on them way).
- I have a big family and I am one of five children (whoop for a crazy circus house). I have four younger brothers and so I am the only girl and because of this I always longed for a sister. (Don’t tell anyone but I am secretly glad I don’t have another girl to fight over the one bathroom with though).
- I am abnormally emotional. A beautiful song on the radio? I’m weeping. A TV advert involving children/animals/old people/any remotely touching storyline? I’m weeping. A random baby on the bus smiled at me? I’m weeping. A good book? I’m weeping. You name it – I have probably cried over it.
- I have the world’s cheekiest but most adorable puppy called Minnie. She is a miniature dachshund (yes one of those tiny sausage dogs).
- I am terribly messy. Well actually I alternate between OCD orderliness and tidiness and (in the words of my mother) “like a bomb has gone off” mess. I currently can’t see a patch of floor in my bedroom.
- I like to take seriously long baths. For like five hours. I like to do everything in the bath. Watch a film, read a book, eat my dinner, do some work, write a letter, talk on the phone…I do it all in the bath. Until I am horribly wrinkly, you know like an old prune? Mmm attractive.
- Carbs. I love carbs. Oh my goodness I can eat pasta by the bucket load. And bread. Mmmm.
- I have a terrible addiction to eBay. It has gotten so bad that I am now selling other peoples clothes for them. I just need that bidder buzz.
- I am a not so secret grandma. I like grandma clothes, grandma outings, and grandma evenings in with some knitting, a warm blanket and a hot chocolate.
- I hate tea and coffee. I sometimes feel like I am a traitor to the British because of my lack of love for a good cuppa.
- I talk to myself. All day.
Sometimesoften out loud. It is just how I role.
Questions from Jade:
1. What blog is your daily read? Just one!? There are so many! Umm Caught Up In Cake.
2. What was the inspiration for your blogs name? Well I’m a shopaholic and I really do have a shoestring budget.
3. What made you want to start up your blog? I love reading other people’s blogs and I wanted to be able to comment on theirs and just be a part of it all!
4. Favourite accessory to make an outfit? Eeek I don’t know. Actually wait I do, I have a favourite pair of earrings that go with everything and always make me feel like the outfit is complete!
5. Describe yourself in 3 words? Loving, Quirky and Sentimental.
6. Who in your life inspires you and why? So many people. Is it terribly cliché to say my mum?
7. How long have you been blogging? Umm just over a week I think!
8. Heels of flats? Flats.
9. Favourite shop to buy your clothing? Charity Shops!
10. If you could spend the day with any celebrity who would it be and why? Arghh so tricky! So cheesy but probably Taylor Swift! I love her music and style and I just think she would be so lovely to spend time with!
Questions for my nominees:
- What made you start blogging?
- What blogs are you always stalking (name up to three)?
- Favourite clothing shop?
- Lots of cheaper clothes or one expensive item?
- Five things that make you happy?
- Favourite piece of clothing you own?
- Favourite thing to do on a rainy day?
- Describe yourself in 5 words?
- What advice would you give now to yourself when you started blogging?
- What is your favourite thing about Christmas?
Gorgeous people I am nominating: